Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reflectiveness

Most students and teachers find it very difficult to reflect for many reasons. One may be the fact that in this fast paced world, no one has any time to actually slow down and take the time too reflect. Another reason, maybe the fact that many kids have a hard time finding any value in doing this. Therefore, they probably won't. I suppose teachers would consider reflection the heart of the teaching process simply because if a student is reflecting on something, that means they probably learned something. This is an interesting concept, but I don't really believe in it. I don't honestly think you gauge how much a student has learned simply by reflection. Also, I don't find reflections a very good way of learning to begin with. I personally don't reflect that often, but when I do it's usually at night, right before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment